Wednesday, July 7, 2010

all ALONE

Thanks to FFG that we often get to travel and most of the time , we hopped to a beautiful city which now I've regard as my second home . Jakarta . And again , we have always been together when we travelled . But not this time round . I am all alone without anyone. Without Mr. Without any family members and friends . The minute I knew that I'll be travelling all alone , I was kinda nervous . I don't know whether I can do this or not because all along I have always been accompanied by my loved ones . When the plane took off , my hands were as usual holding hands to the other but at that moment , I gripped the seat hard enough while reciting prayers hoping my ride will be a smooth one . I had to transit in Jakarta because there wasn't any direct flight from Singapore to Surabaya . This , again its all due to the last minute booking . Making a transit in Jakarta was a weird one , honestly . I had to check out and get my baggage and ... went all the way up to check in again . Well , thats Indonesia ;)

Upon reaching , I was trying to get a Blue Bird taxi which was one of the best taxi in Indonesia that using the automated meter but it was out of sight . There was taxis but not Blue Bird so I just took it . Mind you , taxis in Indonesia wont give you any change . Pardon you ? For example , is the fare is Rp48,000 and you gave Rp50,000 no change will be given . You can look at the driver for minutes , he wont give you any change . Period .

Thanks to our friend , I got a special rate in JW MARIOTT HOTEL . One of the luxurious hotel in Surabaya . Indeed , I feel blessed to be able to sleep in an amazing room . The room was so huge . It was to me like a living room size in our normal Hdb house . Great service from the bellboy to the guest relation officer . Everything from the hotel was amazing . Let the pictures do the talking .. ( camera wasnt with me , apology for the not-so-clear picts )

Its a shame that the other bed was a waste !
I want this !!! It was such a hassle -free isnt it ? To have all the lights , tv , alarm clock all at one !

From the bed's view ;) How can I miss this ? heh ..


Spectacular view from 21st storey ,where I had my breakfast ;)
Enough of the hotel , my purpose of going to Surabaya was for two main reason . One was attending Dynamic and Appreciation Night which was a great Grammy event and the other was International Mentor Meeting .
The sharings from most of the mentors at the D&A night on their journey to achieve their dreams , inspired me . And most of the time , I swept my tears . Tears of joy to see people who are so driven to financial and time freedom ! Here , I witnessed Mentor Yin Fan receiving her award while she shared that her success was dedicated to her late mother who just pass away a few weeks ago just after she came back from Bootcamp as a crew and before she went to India . Her mother's death was so planned nicely so that she's able to serve FFG community . May your mum rest in peace .



All mentors from all over the world came to International Mentor Meeting at Surabaya and its the first time ,I'm attending it . Alone . We had fun on the first half of the day but things get serious on the second half . It was a 2 days 1 night meeting and I learnt alot from Prof Onggy and the rest of the mentors . I learnt that Time is Life ! That we cannot take for granted when we have a lot of time . That when we decide to do something , do it and dont delay because as all of you know , time cannot be recycled. Theres so many things that I learnt from IM2 , its a real pity that both the husband n Hanis couldnt make it . One of which that I loved was Money Jar . How to manage your wealth without going through the hassle of Financial Consultant . Thats the bonus part when becoming a Mentor !


ooops .. no Mr. For the rest of you , I know very well what you are thinking now . This is what I call Amazing Crossline . Mr Sim Poh Hock is such a cool guy . I remembered clearly the first time I met him , months ago , he has that fierce-look which I don't even dare to say Hi to him . But look at us now . Lesson learn : don't judge a book by its cover .
Till the next event !!

2 comments:

  1. oh yes this is true... even tat person is crossline and we know tat person do the same business we should happy for them too kan..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails