Tuesday, August 10, 2010

National day , it was .

Initially it was supposed to be celebrating my only brother's birthday on National Day as he was born 2 days after the Singapore's Independence Day . I just thought it would be good to have a little halal sushi (birthday boy's fave ) dinner . Mum objected the idea for fear that there will be so much crowd everywhere since most Singaporeans were celebrating almost every entire place in Singapore. Ya that's Singaporean , can't really blame us because Singapore as what I known , was only 647 km2 . Yes a tiny dot as seen in the map . Therefore , we postponed to another day .

My family never had such celebration , really . I don't think I had one birthday party organised by my loved one until recently . What made me decide to have dinner this time round was because the birthday boy literally confessed on his facebook . Well , I shouldnt be self-centered hence the idea .

It was impromptu . I just wanted to jalan-jalan without spending so much . Text my dear sis who was staying just ten minutes drive from where I stay , to have lunch together . So we head to Arab Street , to fill our tummy with Hajah Maimunah's dishes but were pretty disappointed as it was close . Since there were a few cafes there , we thought we should just stick to Kampong Glam Cafe . It was as sedap as Maimunahs' .

Afterwhich we had absolute no plans of where to go next . Singapore is really boring , oooops ! So this place caught our eyes . Very much like kampong and went to visit rightafter.




ok now , presenting the Director and his madam . macam paham !!
hahahaha... Interesting place , right ? Well , we were actually at ....
Lerr ! Must be that's what you are saying ? macam tak tau pulak . We were glad that admission was free on public holiday , just like the Istana . Else it would have been ..
As the day was still early for us , we then head down to Geylang Serai . Where else , since Ramadhan is only 2 days away .
Lights were up and Geylang Serai didnt change much as last year .
And after so much fun , I managed to get myself something back home . Totally couldn't resist the temptation since its only 2 for S$15 ( ramadhan sale )
oh , and not forgetting the irresistable offer that First Lady had to give , 2 for $5.90 . Thus , I grab four pieces of shawls . The one in blue polka dot was my first love when I saw it at Bussorah Street . The friendly lady serves us well so I thought I should get something from her shop . Since its only $15. How nice am I . heh .
So yeah , that was my way of celebrating  45 th National Day this 2010 . Hope Singapore will have many more theme park , just like Diah Mastura wished , in years to come so that we Singaporean can have many great choices to go to . Again , Happy Birthday Singapore !! I am proud to be one ! 
;)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails