Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Review - Hijri Chocs

Whats a must each time , Ramadhan comes ?

In my family , a box of dates is a must . It doesnt matter what type of dates but , it has to be on the dining table when we break our fast when the sun sets in . And when most of us ate one or two before having a drink or get our hands on the main dish for the day , I ate it on my last meal . I know it sounds funny to you but thats how I practised it ever since dates were introduced to me .

A few years back , Mum was trying to be creative when she actually made jemput-jemput kurma or they called it Date Fritters . It was really yummy especially when its warm and hot . So each time when I saw theres so many dates bought and brought ( some mosque do giveaways too during the month of Ramadhan )by my family , the thought of making Date Fritters always came to mind . Well , theres so many ways to do with that sweet dates . Apparently , Sutra magazine featured a recipe that involves dates too . Go and check it out !

Hijri Chocs have always been in my facebook friends list but never once did I take a look at their profile until when Diah Mastura told me personally how nice were their chocolates when I met her in person the other day . So when Hijri had an advertorial in Diah's blog ( a great avenue to expand your business) , I was moved by how Hijri made the chocolates . The pralines made me go Wow ! and I got crazy over the lollichocs . I know I am being chiidish here but there's a little kid in each of us , mah ..
To support our local business entrepreneur , I got myself Dipped Dates just to coincide with the fasting month . *yayness*

 I loved the way the dates were beautifully wrapped and how it was packed with  a simple box that was easy to carry around . How it looked inside , was this ;-
I tasted every single bit of the everything . From the chocolate, the date , the peanut . Because of the nice wrapping , I got to bring it on the go . Just in case I wasn't on time to break my fast , I can always put one to two of these dipped dates in my bag . How convenient ! And you won't know that I am actually eating dates . haha . 
I just cant resist to order the pralines. Soon soon but not now as I am squeezing my tum tum for the Eid . 
To know more about Hijri Chocs , I 'd suggest if you can take a peep  here .
Let's support the local . Not just the local artiste but the entrepreneurs !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails